The OPTIPRO uses a rotating analyzer to measure retardation in optical materials at high speed with great accuracy. By integrating the software technologies SHINTECH has developed and refined over the years, the OPTIPRO can test not just the liquid crystal cell gap and twist angle, but also the internal structure of the optical film. Equipment configurations of the OPTIPRO are roughly divided into small, medium and large sizes. With varied combinations of these configurations and numerous options, the OPTIPRO system is available in a wide variety of forms to meet diverse customer needs.
- Liquid Crystal Cell Analysis
- The cell gap, twist angle and tilt angle can be measured simultaneously. The OPTIPRO system alone can handle most liquid crystal modes, including TN, STN, VA, OCB and IPS. The temperature dependency of the above items of measurement can also be measured by combining the OPTIPRO with the temperature control unit.
- Optical Film Analysis
- The retardation and direction of the optical axis can be measured at high speed with great accuracy. The in-plane distributions of these parameters can also be measured by using the XY stage with the OPTIPRO. Moreover, Rth as well as nx, ny and nz of a simple biaxial retardation film can be measured by using the theta-phi stage.
- The rotational viscosity coefficient (γ1) of the liquid crystal can be measured by using the Function Generator with the OPTIPRO.
- Stable and high-speed revolution, which has been realized by specially designed rotation mechanism controlled by the crystal oscillator, of the analyzer, reduces the measurement time to less than 30 milliseconds. This allows speedy measurement of multiple points such as two-dimensional of retardation.
- As the light source, polarizer, sample stage and analyzer are separated, the system configuration can be altered simply by changing or adding the necessary parts. The function can be expanded with minimal additional investment.
- For example, exchanging the sample stage with an optional XY stage allows measurement of the plane distribution, or mapping. The wavelength dispersion can be investigated by changing the light source with white lamp.
- Integration with LCD MASTER™
- The measurement data can be transferred to our liquid crystal modeling software “LCD MASTER™” to study the performance of the entire optical system, including the sample under test. This integration within our group of products is characteristic of out effort to provide functionality not available in single devices.
- For details on LCD MASTER™, please visit go here.
- Direct inspection with high accuracy
- Microscopic determination of cell parameters provides different approaches for the development of sophisticated panels. For example, the inspection of the defects on a panel leads to the clarification of the relationship with the degradation of contrast ratio
- Spatial distribution
- The combination of high accuracy positioning X-Y stage with small beam size gives researchers and designers new hint for the development, that is spatial deviation. Optipro/Micro both averaged value and standard deviation
Retardation (Phase difference in front or oblique incidence), Optical axis direction
- A-Plate, C-Plate, O-Plate and other optical films
- High retardation film and LC lens over 10,000nm
- Low retardation film about 1nm
- Patterned retarder film
LC cell parameters
TN, VA, IPS/FFS, OCB, ECB, multi-domain cells: Cell gap, rubbing direction, pre-tilt angle and twist angle measured with high accuracy
Measurement stage with six movable drive parts
OPTIPRO-micro has an automatically X-Y positioning stage with 0.5μm resolution, which enables to mapping analysis. The stage has also rotatable driver parts. The maximum measurable size of samples is 100mm squares(option: 200mm squares). Auto-correct function of measurement position provides any operators reproducible results
Japanese Patent No. 4895428
A series of operations is intuitively friendly by the use of view finder with selectable scales of magnification on PC monitor. Basic input-output procedures such as the range specification for determinations are only manipulated by mouse click or drag on the view finder and by bare essentials of keyboard type. If there are a number of inspections, continuous determinations are available by the prior registrations. Functions of the projection for the determination progress and finish time also supports your efficient development.
Measurement results are displayed in real time. In addition, automatic saving feature at interruption of the work enables to the speedy change of conditions for determination. Confirming results not only by the list of data but also by 2D or 3D graph provides researchers a multidimensional consideration. These data can be easily edited by powerful analysis tools afterward. e.g.) Calculation of luminance from determined transmittance and arbitrary light source.
OPTIPRO-fusion is powerful optimization tool for the determination of cell parameters. The calculation algorithm is based on reliable LCDMaster solutions. OPTIPRO-fusion is effective to analyze laminated substrate such as LC panel and multi-layered film. The main features are,
- Definition of equivalent optical model of measured sample
- RMS fit to determine cell parameters
- Registration of determined cell parameters in DBMAN